CAL Payments for Websites

There is an agreement between Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) and Australian educational institutions in regard to websites. If you have a website and an Australian educational institution reproduces some of the content off your site, you may be entitled to receive payment through CAL.

I am about to add this new page to my website. The wording contained in this notice is recommended by Copyright Agency Limited. It might be a good idea for you to do the same.


The Australian Copyright Act 1968 (the Act) allows 10% of the number of words on this website to be reproduced and/or communicated by any Australian educational institution for its educational purposes provided that the educational institution (or the body that administers it) has given a Notice to Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) under part VB of the Act.
For details of the CAL licence for educational institutions contact:
Copyright Agency Limited
Level 15, 233 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: +612 9394 7600
Facsimile: +612 9394 7601
Except as permitted under the Act (for example for the services of the Crown or in reliance on one of the fair dealing exceptions i.e. a fair dealing for the purposes of research or study) no part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, communicated or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission. All enquiries should be made to the copyright owner at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *