1. When did you first start writing your books?
I started writing books in 2000. My first book The Garden of Empress Cassia was published in 2002.
2. Where do you get your ideas from your books from?
From lots of different places – dreams, places, movies, childhood memories, the world around me.
3. What are your hobbies apart from writing and illustrating books?
I like horseback riding, reading, cooking, travelling, photography, playing with my dog.
4. Do you get lots of letters or emails from other people telling you how good your books are?
Yes, quite a few.
5. What are your favourite sports to play or watch live on the TV?
I loved to play netball at school. I liked the position of goal attack. I played tennis until I injured my arm. I love watching the tennis and sometimes the footy.
6. What was your favourite book when you where a child?
The Magic Faraway Tree
7. What is your favourite football team?
Collingwood. Go the Pies!
8. Who was your favourite author when you where a kid?
9. What types of books do you like to read about the most?
When you’re an author you need to read all kinds of books so I read very widely.
10. What do you do in your free time?
I don’t seem to have any free time because I’m either working on a new book or illustrating. I work 7 days a week but I don’t really call it work because I love writing so much.
Thank you Brianna for the great interview!