I am thrilled that The Wishbird has been shortlisted for both the Yabba Awards and the Australian Book Read the rest of this entry »
At last I am saying goodbye to Pearlie. Checking final pages for ‘Pearlie’s Ghost’ Book 4 in the Our Australian Girl series before it goes to print. Publication date is September 26th.
Sad to be leaving her but very happy that she is on her own now.
I hope you like her story. xx
August is a huge month for children’s authors and illustrators. It’s called Children’s Book Week, but really should be renamed Book Month!
Kids’ Authors and illustrators are driving around the country visiting schools and talking up books, enthusing kids with the love of reading.
It’s a necessary part of the job and I do love it. Read the rest of this entry »
The Asian Festival of Children’s Content (AFCC) (May 30- June 4) is a wonderful festival held each year in Singapore with speakers from all around the world including Australia, New Zealand, USA, Korea, UK, Japan Read the rest of this entry »
The writer’s life is as unstable as walking along the edge of a cliff. Once you begin the journey though, there is no way back.
I once knew a girl who expected to be racially abused every time she walked down the street. She tried to think up smart things Read the rest of this entry »
Imagination. Our most
Subscribe to my
- Bendigo Writers Festival and a Wishbird update
- Saying goodbye to Pearlie
- School and Festival Visits
- A few of my treasures
- Ugandan Ghetto Kids Dancing
- A new beginning is good
- The Asian Festival of Children’s Content
- How to Pitch Your Novel and Take Rejection
- I once knew a girl
- Yabba Awards 2014 ~ every child’s voice counts
- what’s happening
- Somerset – one of the best kids’ lit festivals for students
- Today is Qingming Festival, Grave Sweeping Day or Pure Bright Festival
- China News Plus radio interview
- Australian Writers’ Week Beijing